Kajang Prima DAP Branch and Serdang DAPSY (DAP Socialist Youth) had been jointly organised a visit to ‘Rumah Keluarga Kami’ Orphanage house in Kajang on Jan 17
This orphanage is part of the National Society of St. Vincent De Paul, conference of the Holy Family, Kajang. It is managed by a full time administrater and 3 house wives. Some volunteers are helping in the daily operations.
To date, at least 250 children have passed through their care. Education is their top priority. Some children had passed through right up to college and university.
Address of the house: No 139, Jalan Bukit, 43000 Kajang, Selangor.
Tel: 03-8736 7877 ; Fax: 03-8737 1581
– Brief history of the orphanage: It was opened on 1-6-1990, aiming to provide shelter, food, education & love for the under privileged, abused and abandoned children.
– It was started at a house rented from a private landlord. In 1991, the house management committee managed to own a single storey bangalow with 7 rooms. In 1996, it was expanded by renting another nearby house.
– During our visit, we offer to them besides Mandarin Orange & Ang Pow, also plenty of food nececcities such as rice, biscuits, clothes, toilet roll and etc.
– Guests of honour are Miss Teo Nie Ching (Serdang MP) and YB Ean Yong Hian Wah ( Selangor State Exco, Seri Kembangan State Assemblyman).
– The children were treated a meal of KFC by us. More than 35 children of the home had performed some singing & dancing to us.
– All of us were given a warm welcome. We had been spending more than 1 hour with the children.
– Most of them are less than 12 years old. These children were so friendly and smart. This visit was really an eye opener for us to know that there are so many less fortunate children.
– Again when we leave, a very warm hand shake was given by each and every one of the kids to all of us.